“All models are wrong, but some are useful."
— George E. P. Bo
Transformative AI and Compute - Reading List, where I list readings and resources for the following categories:
- Compute in the AI Production Function: Why compute matters for AI
- Compute Supply Landscape: How chips are produced and used
- Compute Governance: The governance of compute to achieve beneficial AI outcomes
- Compute-Based Transformative AI Forecasting: How much compute we might need to achieve certain transformative and potentially dangerous capabilities and How much compute we will have in the future and which computing paradigms will dominate
You can find a video and transcript of an Introduction to Compute Governance on my blog where I introduce the idea of using compute as a node for AI governance.
I did two podcast episodes with the Future of Life Institute:
I also joined Jordan Schneider and Chris Miller on ChinaTalk:
- ChinaTalk Podcast, AI Compute 101: The Geopolitics of Giant Models
updated may 2023